It’s that time of year again, with leaves falling, people getting in from the cold and wind and getting in to coding… Hacktoberfest is just a few days away!
As you can see the projects participating list is enormous… Do a search here for those using your favorite programming language and check your favorite projects on Github/Gitlab and see if any you use have some issues or tickets or documentation to work on… Some of these project include
- Tunesviewer (Needs Python3 support)
- and numerous others with the hacktoberfest tag.
Are you not a developer? Look for non-code contributions you could work on:
- Translation – do you know two or more languages? Translation of documentation or user interface may be useful for projects that are looking for this.
- Documentation – The Readme.md of many projects may often be missing important steps. Check out your favorite project’s build instructions and see if there are missing steps – there likely are in some cases. A PR to revise any out-dated instructions may be appreciated.
- Design – are you a designer? You may know that a number of projects could use some icons/graphics that are not something made by a developer 🙂
- Events – You could help locals organizaing a hacktoberfest event.
Listing your project
If you have an open source project that you are wanting to participate with this month, do check out the upforgrabs.net repo – you may add to it using the instructions here.